I have a question

Discussion in 'General Culinary School Discussions' started by chef_leroy, Feb 10, 2005.

1. chef_leroy

chef_leroy

Ariel 10 pointwhilst I'm an exec-chef in Australia a friend who's a cook and wishing to become a chef in the USA is planning on going to the New England Culinery Institute. Can someone tell me if this is a reputable school

2. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    There are a couple of graduates from NECI on this forum, including myself. The school has an excellent reputation and has turned out some fine graduates (including myself :D ) Alton Brown of the Food TV network is a graduate as well. NECI is regarded as one of the top notch schools in the industry.

3. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Well, I did NOT attend NECI. But I concur with chrose: it is an excellent school, one of the best in the U.S. Friends who are graduates are extremely well-trained and knowledgeable. NECI is a school that trains its students to WORK, not to flounce about saying, "Look at me, I'm a chef" as some other schools (which shall remain nameless) do. Your friend made a very good choice. I just hope he/she likes snow! :D

4. muffintop

muffintop

I am new to this forum and am new to researching culinary schools. How do you know if a school has a good reputation? I haven't been able to find any "top culinary schools" lists that are published by non-biased folks. Any suggestions? Thanks!