I have a question

Joined May 18, 2020
hi there! i run a family restaurant in Toronto but we serve fast food. how can I encourage children to eat healthy when the accompany their parents? do you offer a special menu for children?

Last edited by a moderator:
Joined Mar 1, 2017
Hello and welcome to CT.

I never had a children's menu, per se. I offered children's portions of the main entree items.

However, encouraging a child to eat healthy is not really something that can be done effectively by someone who only has transient contact with them as we do. We can mold and shape our own children's eating habits. But, encouraging someone else's children to eat healthy when they come into our eateries cannot be done beyond our choices of what we put on our menus.

Having said that, I suppose you could engineer your children's menu to include more healthy selections that would be appealing to a child. But, beyond that, I don't think there's much more you can do.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:
Joined May 18, 2020
Hello and welcome to CT.

I never had a children's menu, per se. I offered children's portions of the main entree items.

However, encouraging a child to eat healthy is not really something that can be done effectively by someone who only has transient contact with them as we do. We can mold and shape our own children's eating habits. But, encouraging someone else's children to eat healthy when they come into our eateries cannot be done beyond our choices of what we put on our menus.

Having said that, I suppose you could engineer your children's menu to include more healthy selections that would be appealing to a child. But, beyond that, I don't think there's much more you can do.

thank you so much for sharing your experience

Joined Oct 31, 2012
You seem to be stating a contradiction. You are a family restaurant serving fast food concerned about the eating habits of children but imply you do not serve healthy choices right now..
What makes it fast food? What makes it. a family restaurant? What is on your menu that you do not consider a healthy choice?
How difficult would it be to include a few healthy options for all the customers, with adult portions and a children's portion? How would you alter the menu to be a more healthy menu overall?

Joined May 18, 2020
Hello and welcome to CT.

thank you

Top Bottom