I hate Allergies!! Who else has them?

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by juzi1986, Jul 6, 2011.

1. juzi1986

juzi1986

Exp:
    At home cook
    UGH!! I hate all the pollen in the air. Red, watery eyes, runny nose, itchy skin, scratchy throat, it's all the worse. Who else has allergies and absolutely cannont stand it?

gourmetm likes this.
  2. momofboys

momofboys

Exp:
    At home cook
    Seriously, I can't stand them either. Especially cuz I'm nursing my baby so I can't take anything; Although, vitamin C and raw honey have helped so much. Do you have food allergies too?

3. thetincook

thetincook

Exp:
    Line Cook
    I stopped living in places with dogs or cats. Minimized carpets, and vacuumed often. For some reason, it helped with seasonal allergies. (and asthma)

I guess with all the other stuff bombarding me, I was more susceptible to the pollen.

4. gourmetm

gourmetm

Exp:
    At home cook
    Some folks swear by body cleanses to keep allergy symptoms down. Ever tried them?

dodi likes this.
  5. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I hate them too... and for me it's the worst in the fall not the spring or summer.

6. john dt

john dt

Exp:
    At home cook
    I've moved so many times within the U.S., always thinking I'd be escaping regional pollens, but I'm allergic to pollen everywhere /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif.

dodi likes this.
  7. john dt

john dt

Exp:
    At home cook
    Any particular recommendations re. those cleanses?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  8. gourmetm

gourmetm

Exp:
    At home cook
    Every friend who has reported positive results from a cleanse has used a different brand--there are so many out there to choose from and I can't remember the names! I would imagine that a health food store or vitamin shop salesperson would be knowledgeable about the pros and cons of individual brands, unless, of course, someone else in this forum can offer a recommendation?

dodi likes this.
  9. chefchezmoi

chefchezmoi Guest

Ever tried eating locally-raised honey? I tried this after I moved to California and was exposed to some unfamiliar allergens. I can't say that it definitely worked, but I did notice a reduction in symptoms after a few weeks. Plus, it's tasty!

gourmetm and john dt like this.
  10. headless chicken

headless chicken

Exp:
    Line Cook
    My eyes water every morning I drive in to work and I don't bother with any over the counter meds.  Non-drowsy ones aren't strong enough and I can't risk using stronger drowsy meds while driving my ebike or at work so I just suffer though it each year...and thats just seasonal allergies from pollen.  Cat dandruff...if my allergies were any stronger, it'd be fatal.  Takes a mere 10-15mins of exposer for it to start and easily lasts a whole day. 

11. gourmetm

gourmetm

Exp:
    At home cook
  12. the_seraphim

the_seraphim

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    google "medinose" its red light therapy, basically turns you into rudolf for a few minutes a day but the results are stunningly effective! i dont claim to know how it works, but i do know that it does.

or use a beclomethasone nasal spray

13. john dt

john dt

Exp:
    At home cook
    I'm interested: how do know it works? Do you use it yourself or have you hear from others that it does?

14. the_seraphim

the_seraphim

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    i have (had) the worst allergies, i would sneewe every few minutes, my nose runs with the consistency of egg whites, my eyes itch etc

2 months into the ledinose treatment and my symptoms were non existant, this year i only had to use a nasal spray for a couple of weeks due to sneezing but thats it!

so im telling you from personal experience its a miracle

gourmetm likes this.
  15. yummyspice

yummyspice

Exp:
    Other
    I've had allergies to pollens, mold spores and ragweed my whole life.  I have to take benadryl daily and year round.  In the past 5 years I've also developed occasional hives.  Fun times.  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif