I GOT THE JOB!!!

Discussion in 'Jobs / Internships Postings' started by etherial, Feb 10, 2015.

1. etherial

etherial

Exp:
    Line Cook
    I staged this morning and had to make an omelette for chef and I made a cilantro & mushroom omelette.  For a lunch entree, I made Fish Menuniere, served with pan roasted fingerling potatoes in with a tahini glaze, brussel sprouts with shredded garlic and butter sauce.

He complimented me on my dishes and my garnishes.  He also payed me a compliment I've only heard from my chef/instructor at the end of my second semester's performance review, "you can't teach what you know."  Wow!  I thought my instructor was being a bit biased (I'm so glad, if he was), but this executive chef has never met me and gave me the same compliment.  His sous complimented my dishes, too.

I have to undergo background check, finger printing, and a medical exam.  I have my servsafe and nutrition certifications.  Now, I can cook alongside professionals who've been in the kitchen for over 20 years.  You never stop learning and he said he thinks he can learn some things from me.

I am so blessed!/img/vbsmilies/smilies/bounce.gif

2. mikeswoods

mikeswoods

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    I'm pleased for you----a professional kitchen can be a lot of pressure---keep smiling--it helps with the stress----

3. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Very cool @Etherial, I am happy for you! Hope it turns out to be everything you thought it would be and more. Be sure to give us some updates.

4. etherial

etherial

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Thanks, I start today!  He called and asked if I was ready and I said what time?   Will keep you apprised.

See ya! 

5. mikeswoods

mikeswoods

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Good luck!