I get to go to NewYork

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by mgchef, May 9, 2010.

1. mgchef

mgchef

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Every year my mom goes to the Fancy food show in New York to display her products and sell a bit. She told me that while jogging yesterday she noticed she would have to leave on the day of my birthday, and she didn't want to miss it. So she asked me if I wanted to go and not being an idiot I said yes. Can anyone recommend some places to go while there. I know I want to go to China Town, she got reservations at Jean Georges, and I would like to go to Little Italy. What other places are recommended to go to?

2. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I would have to say Kat'z deli, get me some pastrami...if I had room left for anything I would have to pick from one of a thousand good pizza places and get a slice or two. and maybe see what is so special about a "dirty water" hot dog cause I eat Caspers hot dogs when I get to the Bay Area and not much can touch them.

3. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    New York Pizza is a must, Pastrami at Katz or the Carnegie Deli restaurant, try to find a good place for a Knish. New York is all about Ethnic, and Culture. Grab a musical on Broadway, enjoy yourself, have fun its a fun city..................Take care......Billyb

4. b.adams

b.adams

Exp:
    Cook At Home
  5. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    You must go to Patsy's for pizza.  Best pizza ever.  They have a few locations around the city, look them up.

You must see the MoMA.  And check out the Mets or Yankees while you're here.  Spend an afternoon getting lost in Central Park.  Check out the farmous farmer's market in Union Square on Wednesdays and Saturday.  Little Italy is one street long and is actually located within ChinaTown, bet you didn't know that.

6. mgchef

mgchef

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Know I didn't. Thanks alot. I added that to my list, and also Gramercery Tavern, and yea of course I'm gonna visit the farmers market. Sorry, don't like baseball, but I'm going to central park if I can.