I Don't Understand

Joined May 27, 2013
Haven't read the article or all of the posts here, but not every side towel is the same from supplier to supplier, yes? Folding it in thirds or half's, etc, is something everybody does differently. 

On the other hand, if the reason he's watching his employees like a hawk because they might be cutting corners, then he's got trust issues and doesn't have confidence in the staff he's hired. As long as the task is completed correctly, dictating the way the towel is folded seems a bit anal. Does this guy look to see how people tie their shoe laces? One towel used for everything seems more important than how you fold it. 

Joined Sep 28, 2008
Haven't read the article or all of the posts here, but not every side towel is the same from supplier to supplier, yes? Folding it in thirds or half's, etc, is something everybody does differently. 

On the other hand, if the reason he's watching his employees like a hawk because they might be cutting corners, then he's got trust issues and doesn't have confidence in the staff he's hired. As long as the task is completed correctly, dictating the way the towel is folded seems a bit anal. Does this guy look to see how people tie their shoe laces? One towel used for everything seems more important than how you fold it. 

Spot on. One thing I learned a long time ago is to let go. As long as the outcome is up to your standard, who cares how you get there?

Joined Feb 8, 2009
I agree, the sooner you realize your employees will never meet or beat your exceptions the happier you'll be. It's a wonderful thought but it's really just a pipe dream.....Shoot for the stars be happy if you come close.......Chef 101 = no one you hire will ever care as much as you......

Last edited:
Joined Sep 28, 2008
I agree, the soon you realize your employees will never meet or beat your exceptions the happier you'll be. It's a wonderful thought but it's really just a pipe dream.....Shoot for the stars be happy if you come close.......Chef 101 = no one you hire will ever care as much as you......

True, and to to be honest, I've learned other techniques by letting my employees do it their way. You never stop learning!

Top Bottom