Howdy

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by souswee, Jun 26, 2005.

1. souswee

souswee

I was a member of another web forum for several years but have gotten tired of the bickering so I'm looking for a new home.
    I'm from Baltimore Md., now living in Chicago, a carpenter for almost 20 years, changed careers at age 40. Now I'm doing something that I have a real passion for, and lovin every minute of it. I'm the Sous at an upscale retirement comm. in the burbs.
    Looking forward to meeting y'all:)

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hi Souswee, and welcome to Chef Talk. I'm sure there was a significant cultural shift to move from Balmer to ChiTown, including adjustment to the slim availability of truly authentic crab cakes! At least there's some decent BBQ and other soul food.

What culinary adventures have you had? Tell us about your love of food. Don't miss the great articles and reviews at the main Chef Talk site. Explore all our forums and enjoy our community.

Welcome!
    Mezzaluna

3. souswee

souswee

The lack of a decent crabcake is one drawback to living in Chicago, also you can't find a good Philly cheesesteak sub. On the plus side though... OMG.. the great places to eat, I'll never get to them all.

4. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Check out my post about Alinea in the Restaurant Reviews (Midwest) forum. Save your pennies and make a rez, because it's a must for people in the culinary world, IMHO.