Howdy! New here

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by bikecampgourmet, Dec 21, 2016.

1. bikecampgourmet

bikecampgourmet

Exp:
    Food Writer
    Hi all,

New here and wanted to welcome myself. I'm not a master chef or cook. I love food, health fitness, outdoors and cycling. I love to cook my own meals and dine out with friends. I wrote a book after riding my bicycle across the U.S. It's called Bike Camp Cookbook. You can check it out on my site bikecampgourmet.com. I've been vegan for 2 years and cooking around my lifestyle has made me become more creative and conscience of what I'm putting in my body. Excited to be here, I hope to learn a lot and offer value as well. 

2. meezenplaz

meezenplaz

Exp:
    Sous Chef, Event Manager
    Welcome to Cheftalk BCG. Theres much TO learn here, with many thousands of threads on vitually anything culinary buried in the archives just waiting to be rediscovered.
    Biking coast to coast sounds fun and rewarding. You didnt make ALL your
    meals did ya? :)

3. bikecampgourmet

bikecampgourmet

Exp:
    Food Writer
    Not all of them. But the ones I photographed in my book are the ones that I did. Before the trip I prepared for my food and what I would be able to eat conveniently while out on the road. Having experience with cooking while doing overnight camping prior to my trip helped. I wanted to transition my home cooking skills to the camp ground. It wasn't easy but for the most part can be done with a little creativity and love. I thought it was a useful book because lots of touring cyclist are concerned about food accessibility while out riding.