Howdy from the Lone Star State!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by ilove2bake, Oct 29, 2010.

1. ilove2bake

ilove2bake

Exp:
    Other
    My screen name pretty much says it all, because I, definitely, love to bake!  I've been baking for a couple of years, and have had many friends and family request my "famous" cakes and cupcakes so much that I decided to make a small business out of it.  My most requested cake flavor is Italian Creme, and my most requested cupcake flavor is my banana pudding stuffed cupcakes.  YUMMY!  While I am flattered, I still have a long way to go!  Anyway, I am here to absorb as much knowledge as I can about everything food (especially cake/baking) related!

I would love to expand my knowledge of cake decorating to include:

- fondant

- pastillage

- gum paste

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome, ilove2bake! We have a pretty good contingent of Texans here, and we're all pretty friendly. I think you're going to like it here.

ChefTalk.com has been around for a decade now, and we have thousands of members from all over the world, all ages, all levels of culinary knowledge. I'm a home cook myself, and I began baking a few years ago. I was able to find answers to a lot of questions here by using the search tool and by posting questions in the Pastry and Baking General Forum. We home cooks/bakers are welcome to browse and read in the Professionals' forums, but our posting must be in the General forums. Since both pros and home cooks read and post there, you're as likely to get a reply from a professional as from another home baker. I've learned a LOT here, and we hope you do, too!

Is your avatar cake a red velvet cake? What a great dessert for a woman's celebration! Your cupcakes sound scrumptious, too.

We hope you visit and participate as often as you can, and will look forward to seeing you here. Good luck with your baking!

Regards,

Mezzaluna