Howdy from Pipe Creek in Texas

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by fewls, Feb 14, 2010.

1. fewls

fewls

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    What a great place this is. Although I have been cooking for over 50 years, I learned to cook watching my Mom. Our tastes diverged over the years but she taught me the basics. If I had known how much I enjoyed creating good food, I would have chosen a culinary institute instead of a university. Too late now but I am very happy to have discovered ChefTalk and I sure do appreciate everyones kindnesses and patience. I collected cookbooks from around the world instead of souvenirs as I travelled for business and enjoy books about food. Glad to meet all of you out there!

2. bughut

bughut

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome fewls,

Well, after 50 years cooking i suspect you'll have plenty to share with us. I dont know much about texas cuisine except beef n bbq's. Pardon my ignorance.
    What do you enjoy cooking most?

Looking forward to hearing from you

3. fewls

fewls

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hi!! Strangely enough, I am only 13 years a Texan which isn't a real one at all. I lived in the Northeast and worked on Wall Street which qualifies my cooking as just about anything but mainly Italian. My first cookbook was my Mom's Fannie Farmer Boston School of Cooking that my Grandmother gave her in 1942. More about that later tho...thanks for the warm welcome!