Howdy from Kentucky!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by granny smith, Jan 31, 2011.

1. granny smith

granny smith

Exp:
    At home cook
    I just found this forum from a link on another site. I am not a professional chef, just a home cook who likes to learn and that's why I joined. I doubt I'll have much to contribute, but you never know.

2. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome to Cheftalk. Enjoy your stay. Don't worry about how much you can contribute, every little bit of info helps. See ya round the forum.

3. kyheirloomer

kyheirloomer

Exp:
    Food Writer
    Welcome, Granny Smith.

That makes three or four of us from the Bluegrass state. I reckon we've got 'em surrounded now. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

We're are you actually located? I'm in Madison Cty., where the Bluegrass meets the mountains.

4. granny smith

granny smith

Exp:
    At home cook
    KYHeirloomer, you're not too far from me. I'm in Menifee county, the land of no good restaurants and the ones we have close at 3pm (I'm not kidding).

5. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    We all have something to share so please contribute. Welcome and thanks for joining ChefTalk

6. kyheirloomer

kyheirloomer

Exp:
    Food Writer
    I'm in Menifee county, the land of no good restaurants

Mebbe so, Granny. But you've got those mountains; and Cave Run Lake in your backyard. Worth the trade-off, IMO. And the fleshpots of Lexington aren't all that far away. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

7. granny smith

granny smith

Exp:
    At home cook
    I hardly ever go to Cave Run and never go to Lexington. (I get lost) I have 65 acres and 2 stocked ponds, so I fish here and I can cook just about anything I'd eat out. I'm seriously considering opening a restaurant here, since there are no good restaurants within 50 miles. There's one for sale. I've been working on my menu.