Howdy folks!

Joined Mar 3, 2011
Just joined up but I've lurking for quite awhile. Not a professional, but I love to cook.

I'm 53 yrs. old, been there, done that , but I've always wanted to be a professional chef. Heck, when I joined the army back in the mid-seventies that's what I wanted to do, become an army cook. But, the army being, well, the army, and me being  young and not knowing any better, I let them talk me out of it. So instead of being in an army kitchen peeling potatoes and cooking eggs for 300+ soldiers I end up with a German Shepherd and an M-16 walking around army installations overseas.

Oh well, You know what they say about hindsight.

Anyway, it's good to be onboard!  

Joined Jan 5, 2007
Welcome to Cheftalk.

Our membership is from around the globe and all levels of expertise - I'm in the 'enthusiastic amateur' group.  A number of the membership seem to be ex-US forces, so you'll be in good company!

Feel free to start your own thread on any topic, or join in on existing threads - the topics vary considerably, but all are interesting to anyone keen on cooking.  The wikis, blogs, photo galleries, reviews and articles on here are also worth a look-see - if only for inspiration.  The professional fora are read-only for those of us who are not in the culinary professions, but they make interesting reading to us non-profs.

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
Glad to have you sniper looking forward to hearing some of your "war" stories from the kitchen. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lookaround.gif

Top Bottom