Howdy folks!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by sniper, Mar 3, 2011.

1. sniper

sniper

Exp:
    At home cook
    Just joined up but I've lurking for quite awhile. Not a professional, but I love to cook.

I'm 53 yrs. old, been there, done that , but I've always wanted to be a professional chef. Heck, when I joined the army back in the mid-seventies that's what I wanted to do, become an army cook. But, the army being, well, the army, and me being  young and not knowing any better, I let them talk me out of it. So instead of being in an army kitchen peeling potatoes and cooking eggs for 300+ soldiers I end up with a German Shepherd and an M-16 walking around army installations overseas.

Oh well, You know what they say about hindsight.

Anyway, it's good to be onboard!  

2. ishbel

ishbel

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Cheftalk.

Our membership is from around the globe and all levels of expertise - I'm in the 'enthusiastic amateur' group.  A number of the membership seem to be ex-US forces, so you'll be in good company!

Feel free to start your own thread on any topic, or join in on existing threads - the topics vary considerably, but all are interesting to anyone keen on cooking.  The wikis, blogs, photo galleries, reviews and articles on here are also worth a look-see - if only for inspiration.  The professional fora are read-only for those of us who are not in the culinary professions, but they make interesting reading to us non-profs.

3. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Glad to have you sniper looking forward to hearing some of your "war" stories from the kitchen. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lookaround.gif