How to use an electric stove?

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by JaydenDaniel, Apr 16, 2018 at 7:54 AM.

1. JaydenDaniel

JaydenDaniel

Exp:
    Home Cooking
    I’m planning to surprise my girlfriend abroad with some home cooked meals when I visit her, and I just don’t know how to use one of those electric stoves. When she first invited me to her home after the Asian dating social we attended, I noticed that she uses an electric stove rather than the usual one that uses gas. I was planning on surprising her by cooking her breakfast in the morning but I’m kind of skeptical with my cooking abilities when using an electric one. Need some help!

2. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    It's not terribly different. The electric burner is mostly slower. Slower to heat up and slower to cool down. You will wait a bit more for the pan to be hot enough. You will need to watch it closely until you learn its behavior. If you turn something down, you may need to pull the pan to a burner that is off until the first burner loses enough heat to prevent burning or scorching. You'll learn to adjust heat early so the slower response works out.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 6:18 PM
  3. chrislehrer

chrislehrer

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    If you need to switch from high to low quickly, turn on a second burner to low a little bit in advance, then move the pot. Don't forget to turn off the high-heat burner when you do this, though!

4. rick alan

rick alan

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Careful with your plastic items, those hot elements just love to eat them.