How to set up to review?

Joined Oct 9, 2008
I used to write reviews for this site, back when there was a review editor. I was thinking I'd like to review the odd thing again, but am having trouble.

I tried to create a new item, but now it seems to be inaccessible, and it didn't let me review anyway.

When I look at an existing item, I don't find a "write a review" thing most of the time.

What am I doing wrong?

HellaSteph

Staff member
Joined Sep 11, 2012
Hi there chrislehrer chrislehrer , I have provisioned your review editing abilities. I think we disabled them due to spam but it's a good idea to allow it. Can you give it a try and let me know if you're able to create a review?

Thank you!

Joined Oct 9, 2008
I don't see any way to review, no.

I go to Reviews, find a book and click on it, and I get the item information. I see a place to give a book 1-5 stars, but no place to write an actual review. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place? There's a lot on the page.

HellaSteph

Staff member
Joined Sep 11, 2012
Ah, I found the permission to allow you to do that. Can you give it a try now? I didn't initially provision the allowance but now it should be good. Let me know how it goes for you.

Joined Oct 9, 2008
There is a section under the book's publication information where I could add a "comment." Is this where reviews go now? I don't see the old pros/cons thing, for example.

HellaSteph

Staff member
Joined Sep 11, 2012
There is a section under the book's publication information where I could add a "comment." Is this where reviews go now? I don't see the old pros/cons thing, for example.

No, simply select your star rating and it will take you to a review input screen. There you can enter in your review.

Top Bottom