how to have an internship or kitchen job in US?

Discussion in 'Jobs / Internships Postings' started by jeremiahcuya, Dec 28, 2014.

1. jeremiahcuya

jeremiahcuya

Exp:
    Just Graduated From Culinary School
    Good day chefs. I am a filipino. 21 yrs old i just graduated from a for year cruise line culinary arts bachelors course back in the philippines. I am currently working in the middle east. But it was always my dream to work in the kitchens in the states. Please give me some information. What chances do i have? Thank you

2. chefbuba

chefbuba

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    First you need to get a job in a kitchen, then work for years.

3. mringys

mringys

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    So you want to try yourself in states right , for internship its very easy of course if its unpaid :) find a job should not be difficult if you got skills, I am still a student and during my studies, I had 3 days free time during week, guess what I did I called all the bakeries, shops around 20mile radius, some said not this time some said come in , some said send email. I did and in week time I got internship at gluten free bakery, i had only taken one baking class, I just wanted to learn more college and real life. I study Pastry, so with Culinary should be easy in big city, also there was another girl doing internship there too , afterwards she got job there so great news, just dont get scared come and dig look call everybody and soon you find your choice, good luck !!