How to defrost 2.62lbs Corned Beef with juices flat cut Brisket

Joined May 6, 2015
I had it in the freezer and took it out this morning around 10am, it is currently 1:00pm so it's been sitting in it's closed package on the counter in a bowl without water, should I add cold water to the bowl? And is it possible for it to be safely thawed by let's say 3:00pm? Because I want to cook this tonight. I figured it wouldn't need much to defrost since it's only 2.62lbs

Also, this is my first time making brisket.. I plan on cooking it in the oven, anyone want to share a simple recipe to make this in the oven,please?

thank you so much in advance!

Joined May 6, 2015
Update: I decided to leave it in the fridge to defrost properly and make it tomorrow..
Any recipes to make a 2.62 Brisket for a first timer
and do you think it would be better to make it in the oven or crock pot slow cooked?

Joined Feb 17, 2010
Thaw in fridge. Use the crock pot or stovetop, defiantly not the oven. This is a tought piece of meat and does well with slow moist heat.

Joined Feb 17, 2010
Add a bit more pickling spice and a bottle of Guinness beer with the water and your cb will be happy.

Joined May 29, 2006
Never thaw out at room temp its dangerous. Plan ahead. Do not cook in oven unless you want shoeleather . Follow what Chef Bubba says.

Top Bottom