How to add Eggs to a Chili?

Joined Jan 17, 2016
So I've got some Eggs I need to get rid of, but I was going to make Chili tonight. I thought about just cracking them open and addend then to the sauce to thicken it up a bit and add some more protein. But that seems a little...boring.

Can anyone suggest some other methods?

Joined Mar 1, 2017
I don't think you will like how the eggs will turn out if you add them to the chili without cooking them first. However, if you must add them, and I mean REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, have to add them :), scramble them first and then add them.

Otherwise, the cornbread idea is the way to go.

Cheers! :)

Joined Jan 17, 2016
I don't think you will like how the eggs will turn out if you add them to the chili without cooking them first. However, if you must add them, and I mean REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, have to add them :), scramble them first and then add them.

Otherwise, the cornbread idea is the way to go.

Cheers! :)
XD that's what I ended up doing. (scrambled)

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
Devil them with chili powder and use your chili broth instead of mayo. Use less broth of course. Some diced peppers of your chosen intensity would good as would some scallion

Joined Jan 17, 2016
Devil them with chili powder and use your chili broth instead of mayo. Use less broth of course. Some diced peppers of your chosen intensity would good as would some scallion
THat's a Good idea, I might have to try this.

Joined Jul 13, 2012
When I make Chili and want it for breakfast I poach the eggs on top of the Chili till whites are just set and the yolks are sunny side up. Now you have something to sop up with your toast, biscuit, cornbread, etc.

Joined Sep 5, 2008
When I make Chili and want it for breakfast I poach the eggs on top of the Chili till whites are just set and the yolks are sunny side up. Now you have something to sop up with your toast, biscuit, cornbread, etc.
Darn this is making me hungry. :emoji_yum:

Top Bottom