How much???

Joined Nov 5, 2007
So I have been toying with the idea of getting a new gas range. Our current one has some issues, though in truth it serves my modest needs. I'm browsing around on the net and see this:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Advanti...jd_XoX8cG9JsCFgQZHc82vNLfBlK1doj8bMtL1GEZKgW0

Wow. Three Thousand Five Hundred dollars for a microwave?? For that kind of money I expect to walk into the kitchen, tell it I'm heading to work now, will be back in 9 hours, and I'd like grilled salmon for dinner. Then come home and find it in the microwave, ready to eat. I want an appliance that pricey to do all the leg work, the prep and the cooking for me.

mjb.

Joined May 25, 2015
Well, if you get the $15,000 range how can you pass up that bargain matching microwave?

Joined Jun 11, 2013
But..but... cough...cough.. that's consumer. o_O What would my guests think if they saw that in my $100,000 kitchen that I never use because we only eat out?
Ha!

We have a number of friends with kitchens that outrank ours again and again. The nice thing is when we go to there houses, everything is neat, tidy, and unused . . . except, I frequently find myself sharpening their knives.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
People are always surprised when chefs don't have the $500 knife, the $1,000 pans, and state of the art kitchen in their homes. It's not the equipment, it's the technique and knowledge.

Joined Jun 11, 2013
People are always surprised when chefs don't have the $500 knife, the $1,000 pans, and state of the art kitchen in their homes. It's not the equipment, it's the technique and knowledge.
I couldn't agree more. My younger son and his wife purchased many things for their kitchen that looked great, but prefer to go out to eat or get take out.

Back when I used to ski, I never had anything to wear that matched. My goal was to stay dry. A friend of mine who purchased a new outfit every year stared at me one day and asked how I could ski looking the way I did. My response was "I know how to ski well."

For her, skiing was a fashion thing. Just like some think that cooking is a fashion thing. The spendy pots and pans don't know how to cook. And an expensive knife that is dull doesn't work very well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom