how many cheesecakes fit at a time and other wholesale questions...

Discussion in 'Professional Pastry Chefs' started by luckydogcafe, Nov 10, 2009.

1. luckydogcafe

luckydogcafe

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    hello everyone! i'm new here....I have been baking for years and have my own candy company, but recently people have been asking me to sell my cheesecakes too. I have a coffee shop that wants to order large quantities of them, and I have no idea where to start. Can you fit more than one cheesecake in an oven at a time? does the time vary then?

also, how do you transport the cheesecake once it's done? does it slide off the metal pan bottom onto a waxed paper board, or do you bake them in the paper board instead of the pan?

and finally, i pipe a whipped cream design onto all my cheesecakes, which I think gives them a good flavor and unique look. but, it also prevents good traveling/shipping options. What should i do?

thanks for any replies! i'm so glad I found this forum! take care...

2. ed buchanan

ed buchanan

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    How big are cheesecakes. This determines how many you can fit in oven.Also 1 shelf oven ? 2 shelf ?

3. tizemi

tizemi

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Thank for information.

4. luckydogcafe

luckydogcafe

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    hi and thank you! For now it's a two shelf oven, non convection. I think I can fit about 2 9" cheesecakes in it, so probably 3 7"? but, I'm just wondering how this affects the baking, if you do more than one at a time.

I can't imagine rotating them while you bake them, as it would release the moisture that you need. But, I suppose you'd have to bake them longer since there are more in at once. Seems like some would dry out quicker. maybe it's not possible to do this in a regular oven.

Are convection ovens best for multiple cheesecakes? There has to be a way for a small business to make more than one at a time, right? They take so long to bake and cool, that there'd be no way to make any money at it if you had to one or two at a time.

Anyway...thanks so much for all your advice!