How does social media and the internet have negative and positive effects on the restaurant industry

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by sheriwilmot, Aug 18, 2014.

1. sheriwilmot

sheriwilmot

Exp:
    Other
    Hello All, I am a student who is studying the subject of food and hospitality and it is required that I study a contemporary issue. I have chosen to study about the impacts of the internet and social media and how it can effect this industry. 

I was looking for people or someone that was willing to answer the following questions as it would help make my research easier.

1. Do you own or work at a restaurant?

2. do you use any means of social media and or the internet to promote or advertise your business?

3. Does your restaurant have its own social media accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram?

4. Do "customers" that dine in your restaurant take photos of your food? if so do you mind?

So if anyone is willing to help me out by answering this questions that would be great.

Thanks All. 

2. chefboyog

chefboyog

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    1 yes
    2 yes
    3 yes
    4 yes and no I don't lol

why's customers in quotes and what type of student are you if you don't mind I'm curious?

3. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    sheriwilmot

1.  Own a Bakery

2.  Yes absolutely! Ours is customer driven by feedback. No advertising at all.

3.  No just website

4.  "customers" are encouraged to take pictures of the product they purchase. No.

4. kaiquekuisine

kaiquekuisine

Exp:
    Line Cook
    1) Yes!!

2) Little advertisement but social media helps alot.

3) Facebook...

4) Yes they do, i don´t mind if they take a good photo, if they are going to take a dark photo, on a messy plate after they have eaten half of the meal, i feel it to be a little bit strange and unnecessary at that point. 

5. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef

6. foodpump

foodpump

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    1 o/o a chocolate shop and bakery/cafe

2 We do have our website, other than that, no

3 No, none of that stuff. Ever.

4 Some do.  They can take all the pictures they want to of items they buy.  I ask them not to take pictures of the display cases, the decor, or the staff.