How do you guys keep hollandaise sauce hot during service?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by ChefCameron97, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Grooked

Grooked

Exp:
    As I stated previously, dinner service lasts 4 to 5 hours .Hollandaise can hold at that temp for roughly 4 hours without significant bacterial growth considering it starts out at a higher temp and won't fall into the realm of high bacteria growth on a 90 to 100 degree steam table for at least a half hour. I'm not advocating keeping the sauce beyond that point. I think everyone here is servesafe certified and understands the reprocussions of holding food at the wrong temp for too long. This isn't my first rodeo .

2. phaedrus

phaedrus

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Depends on what it's for. I like a poached egg over asp; on an omelet that wouldn't be ideal.:tongue:

3. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Puree avocado with lemon juice. To order, avocado puree and water, warm slightly, whisk in avocado oil.

4. jonnyhotcakes

jonnyhotcakes

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Sous vide water bath in a ISI whip. You can just add the ingredients, the pressure will emulsify it.

If you're going to use a mix, RC Fine Foods makes the best one, IMHO.

phaedrus likes this.
  5. phaedrus

phaedrus

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Yeah, that's about the best way I know of. Nice texture, too. If I wasn't "over" hollandaise that's how I'd be doing it. No call for it though where I'm at now.