How do you guys keep hollandaise sauce hot during service?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by ChefCameron97, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Grooked

Grooked

Exp:
    As I stated previously, dinner service lasts 4 to 5 hours .Hollandaise can hold at that temp for roughly 4 hours without significant bacterial growth considering it starts out at a higher temp and won't fall into the realm of high bacteria growth on a 90 to 100 degree steam table for at least a half hour. I'm not advocating keeping the sauce beyond that point. I think everyone here is servesafe certified and understands the reprocussions of holding food at the wrong temp for too long. This isn't my first rodeo .

2. phaedrus

phaedrus

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Depends on what it's for. I like a poached egg over asp; on an omelet that wouldn't be ideal.:tongue:

3. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Puree avocado with lemon juice. To order, avocado puree and water, warm slightly, whisk in avocado oil.

4. jonnyhotcakes

jonnyhotcakes

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Sous vide water bath in a ISI whip. You can just add the ingredients, the pressure will emulsify it.

If you're going to use a mix, RC Fine Foods makes the best one, IMHO.

phaedrus likes this.
  5. phaedrus

phaedrus

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Yeah, that's about the best way I know of. Nice texture, too. If I wasn't "over" hollandaise that's how I'd be doing it. No call for it though where I'm at now.

6. bier chef

bier chef

Exp:
    15+ years
    Insulated coffee carafe ftw

7. capecodchef

capecodchef

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    No longer milk based! Unilever really screwed the pooch on this Knorr product. It's now water based with powdered milk in the mix. They cut lots of butter out of the recipe as well. Really dummies down an acceptable product. Dumb move.

8. Luked1281

Luked1281

Exp:
    Intermediate
    The same as most guys, in a thermos above and between the two heat lamps. I have also used an isi whipper, storing it in the same place, and it looks amazing, but you must have a server ready to run before the whipped hollandaise effect begins to deflate.