How do you chop your food?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by tim_ainley, Feb 28, 2005.

1. tim_ainley

tim_ainley

Hello, I wondered if you can help me,

I am a final year product design student at Huddersfield Uni. My major project design is a multi functional kitchen aid which helps with preparing food. I am afraid the design is sensitive, but you can still help me.

What problems/annoyances do you have when washing, chopping, pouring or draining your food?

And also what problems do you have with the general food preparation, cooking and serving processes?

I would be very grateful for any feedback from anyone that cooks. Many thanks. Tim.

2. kylew

kylew

Exp:
    Home Chef
    I can answer the question posed in your topic. I chop my food with a knife:)

3. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Here's one I would enjoy.

Put in the onion, garlic, or shallot (one at a time.)

Set the dice size, all the way down to a mince for the garlic.

Crank or pull down on a lever (no cords, no batteries, no recharger base).

The onion/garlic/shallot is peeled, the tips and base removed and the item chopped appropriately. I do NOT want to spend more than 10 seconds pulling out skin and discardable ends.

Can't cost more than $15 and must last at least 3 years with multiple uses daily. MTBF of about 4000 uses.

Item is dishwasher safe without disassembly.

Good luck.

Phil

4. danbrown

danbrown

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I'd like a tool that could peel a grape, while keeping it's smooth, round structure intact, and keeping it attached to the grapevine. I'm cool with the machine being plugged in, but it needs to be able to do the same thing to an entire bunch of grapes without any further intervention or human assistance.

"set it - and forget it"

It also needs to puree the skins and forcefully eject all liquid into a contained cup, at the end of the bunch. This is to let you know it's done peeling, and ready for another bunch. No more the 30 seconds per grape allowed.

5. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    I'd like a self cleaning cutting board.

6. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I'd like a personal Chef. Not a Sous, more like a Valet :D