How do I make this graduation cake?

Joined Oct 12, 2005
Hello,

My little cusin graduates from high school in June.  I have a desighn in mind but have no clue how to create it.  Here's what I want it to look like.  I want it to be a few books with a graduation cap on top.  I have the picture in my mind but I can't seem to translate it in to cake.  Can somebody give me an idea of how to do this?

Thanks,

Kelley

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Did you want each cake layer to be a book? I'd guess some layers would be thicker than others. You might want to cover each "book"/layer with fondant (except where it is on top of a "book" below). Have you tried Googling such a cake, or searching here? I Googled "book cake" and got plenty of hits in the "Images".

I've seen cakes like that built on Food Network once, on one of those Challenges shows. It was a wedding cake, I think, for a couple who both loved books.

Good luck, Kelleybean!

Mezzaluna

Joined Oct 12, 2005
Thanks so much Mezzaluna.  I never even thought about Google.  I'll give that a look.  I sure hope they have directions on HOW to make the cake.  I'm kinda creatively challanged./img/vbsmilies/smilies/tongue.gif

Top Bottom