How do I make this graduation cake?

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by kelleybean, Apr 29, 2011.

1. kelleybean

kelleybean

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello,

My little cusin graduates from high school in June.  I have a desighn in mind but have no clue how to create it.  Here's what I want it to look like.  I want it to be a few books with a graduation cap on top.  I have the picture in my mind but I can't seem to translate it in to cake.  Can somebody give me an idea of how to do this?

Thanks,

Kelley

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Did you want each cake layer to be a book? I'd guess some layers would be thicker than others. You might want to cover each "book"/layer with fondant (except where it is on top of a "book" below). Have you tried Googling such a cake, or searching here? I Googled "book cake" and got plenty of hits in the "Images".

I've seen cakes like that built on Food Network once, on one of those Challenges shows. It was a wedding cake, I think, for a couple who both loved books.

Good luck, Kelleybean!

Mezzaluna

3. kelleybean

kelleybean

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Thanks so much Mezzaluna.  I never even thought about Google.  I'll give that a look.  I sure hope they have directions on HOW to make the cake.  I'm kinda creatively challanged./img/vbsmilies/smilies/tongue.gif