How do I find I kitchen??

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by brynn, Feb 22, 2005.

1. brynn

brynn

I live in New Jersey recently started my own baking business and I'm looking to start renting out kitchen space a couple days a week. I'm having trouble finding places that will rent space. I've looked into asking bagel stores if they would be willing to rent their space after hours as well as other resturants and have not been successful. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated! :)

2. chef_isa

chef_isa

You need to make some friends that are owners of restaurants or kitchen for catering. Then let them know you, because I dont want any people around my business that someday my place will be empty, all my equipment gone..... :D

3. bigbuns

bigbuns

I have a friend who does wedding cakes and another couple who are just starting catering. All of them called all the churches and fraternal organizations (Elks, Moose, VFW, etc.) and found several that had licensed kitchens and were willing to rent very inexpensively. The wedding cake lady is in a gorgeous brand-new gourmet kitchen in a newly-built Greek church.

4. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    I barter space, which saves me money, and works out well for the caterer whose kitchen I use.

5. deltadoc

deltadoc

Our local community center rents out banquet halls and has a professional kitchen available for the cater's use, or for that matter, anybody who wants to rent it.

The church or social hall idea previously offered is a good one too!

doc

6. cookie lady

cookie lady

Hi Brynn!

Have you tried local fraternal organizations like Knights of Columbus, Masons, American Legions etc? A lot of the time their kitchens sit idle and at least in my area, they let people use them for a small fee providing you leave them as you found them. Might be worth a try!

Suzanne :)

7. m brown

m brown

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    I have space in my shop and rent to a wonderful sugar flower designer and a couple of cooking classes. We have room evenings, weekends and some weekdays! If you can travel...... :)
    There is also another kitchen in my area with a great caterer who has extra space.
    You can contact us through my web site.
    Best!