How could your cooking experience be improved ?

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by catgarner, Jan 15, 2012.

1. catgarner

catgarner

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Hello :)

I am currently studying Product Design at university, and we have recently been given a project to design a new cooking appliance which will improve the kitchen experience for everyone. It can be a product designed to improve either the storage of food, preparation of food or one which will make cleaning and washing dishes/cutlery easier.

As a starting point, I would like to know about all of your experiences within the kitchen, and in particular what issues you encounter on a regular basis and what you personally would like to improve ? e.g you may find that larger kitchen appliances such as the fridge and oven take up too much space in the kitchen and you are left with a tight space to cook. So perhaps you would rather a new, smaller alternative solution to these bulkier products ?

I would very much appreciate responses and I look forward to hopefully hearing from you all soon :)

Kind Regards,
    Cat

2. chrislehrer

chrislehrer

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Okay, I'll bite.

Figure out a way to make an easy-clean flattop electric range surface that will not heat a slightly warped pan unevenly. Good luck!

3. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    What would be nice is a device that would keep emulsion sauces from breaking.