How can I make and freeze homemade fish sticks with Northern Pike?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by hjohnson405, Jul 30, 2014.

1. hjohnson405

hjohnson405

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi all! My husband and I just found out that we are expecting baby #3 Yaaay!! So, I want to make and freeze a lot of main dishes before my morning sickness hits and I'm good for nothing. We have a lot of Northern Pike fillets in our deep freeze. Is it possible to make and freeze fish sticks ahead of time? And if so, does anyone have any recipes or tips? Thank you!! Oh, one more thing: I have an intolerance to yeast, so if there are any good alternatives to bread crumbs, please give me ideas. Thanks!

2. lagom

lagom

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Corn meal goes nicley for a coating, i have also used crushed corn flakes and crushed special K. I havent tried it, and im not sure if its yeast free but I always wanted to try grape nuts as a coating also.

hjohnson405 likes this.
  3. maryb

maryb

Exp:
    Semi pro/retired now
    Pike is so good just floured and fried in a pan. Little salt and pepper. Simple, easy, no more work than a fish stick and it will be tasty

4. hjohnson405

hjohnson405

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi, MaryB. Yes, it is sooo good that way. That's the way I usually do it, and it tends to be pretty time consuming and messy. But thank you!

5. hjohnson405

hjohnson405

Exp:
    At home cook
    Lagom - Thank you! Those ideas sound fantastic! I can't wait to try them!

6. hjohnson405

hjohnson405

Exp:
    At home cook