How can i get a work?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by gus20, Oct 3, 2004.

1. gus20

gus20

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    Hello, how are you?

My name is Gustavo. I am a culinary student at le cordon bleu-Perú. Im ending school in December. And im interested in working in the USA specially for learning cuz it´s time to learn with experience. I would like to know how I can get a work in southcalifornia or NY cuz i have relatives there , so i can stay there. Im a good student, responsible, honest and I want to follow my chef´s pieces of advice: Travel!!!!!. I want to travel. I want to know if there's any web where i can get a work. I live In Perú.
    I can send letters from my school: le corodn bleu, letters from my chefs and from the director from my school. I am really interested in learning and working. I would appreciate if you can tell me what web i can visit or if you know anyone who could be interested. I have learnt about french , italian food and of course much about peruvian food. Thanks a lot! Y nos vemos!

Kind regards!

I hope u can understand my english cuz I speak spanish, see u and thanks.

Gustavo Gutiérrez

2. jim berman

jim berman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Have you considered contacting restaurants directly? Find a few in an area in which you are interested in living and start sending out info. Also, pick up the newspapers from some of the towns that you like and see if they are looking for anybody... or at least to get an idea of what is around.
    Best of luck to you!

3. gus20

gus20

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    I´ll try do that, cuz i have family in NJ, NY and souther california. Probably they can give them my papers cuz i live in Perú, im studying here and i want to start to do externships or work in the usa.
    Thanks for your answer, a hug.

Gustavo Gutiérrez

4. deltadoc

deltadoc

Since you will be a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu, I would do a search on the internet for a list of all the LCB's, and then contact the ones in the area you are interested in working. I would think that their placement service would be available regardless of which particular LCB you graduated from.

Try this one in Minneapolis:

http://brownculinary.com

doc