House keeping for the busy professional.

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by chefwriter, Apr 1, 2016.

1. chefwriter

chefwriter

Exp:
    Professional Cook
         Given the extended hours most foodservice people work, I thought we could share tips on how to keep the house clean in the limited free time we have. I don't like spending my free time on house work so I am always looking for ways to make it simple, easy and fast. 

Removing unnecessary clutter from all areas of the house is my current effort. It also seems pointless to unplug the vacuum cleaner as I seem to need to use it all the time. 

Any other ideas?  

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  2. cerise

cerise Banned

Exp:
    Other
    I've used a Roomba/i robot for years. Love it!

3. chefross

chefross

Exp:
    Former Chef
    The dog won't let me use mine. It has sat in the closet for 6 years now.

4. cerise

cerise Banned

Exp:
    Other
    Cats seem to like them. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/rollsmile.gif/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smiles.gif/img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

5. jimyra

jimyra

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    My wife claims to be allergic to a vacuum cleaner but loves the Roomba.  His name is Dave.

6. jellly

jellly

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Once a month housekeeper, $100...so worth it.

7. cerise

cerise Banned

Exp:
    Other
    I've used TaskRabbit.com in the past for light housekeeping, errands, painting and handyman jobs. They put together ikea furniture for me, too. I like that they do the background checks, I can pay by the hour, no money changes hands, and choose the time and day. I have mixed feelings about the service, though. And the prices can be high, depending on the tasker. There are other cos out there, as well' like Red Beacon (Home Depot's guys), Home Advisor, Amazon, and Angie's List.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  8. ericslomski

ericslomski

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Agreed. I'm usually pretty froogle, but yes having house cleaner has been completely worth it.