Hourly kitchen rental needed in San Fernando Valley

Discussion in 'Professional Catering' started by personalchefhn, Jan 4, 2013.

1. personalchefhn

personalchefhn

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Hello Everyone!!

My name is Hallie and I am new to this site, so I'd like to start by saying hello and that I'm very excited to read and chat with fellow culinary professionals.

I am currently a professional personal chef/caterer who works out of clients homes. I am looking to start the food delivery aspect of my business, as not all clients are comfortable with a chef coming into their homes for 4-5 hours a day.

Ideally, I am looking for a licensed commercial kitchen in the San Fernando Valley area to prepare meals for my clients. To start, I would need this space one day per week (4-8 hours), then eventually more days/hours as business progresses.

The kitchen must be within the San Fernando Valley Area.

Thank you all for your time.

2. chef white

chef white

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    What part of the Valley did you need a kitchen?

3. personalchefhn

personalchefhn

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Ideally, West San Fernando Valley. Canoga Park, Woodland Hills, Chatsworth or Tarzana areas.

4. chef white

chef white

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I found 3 in chattsworth if that helps? There may be others that are better suited for you.  I use several kitchens depending where my catering gig is. Just use cookithere.com thats where i find my kitchens!

5. personalchefhn

personalchefhn

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Thank you for the suggestion! I will look into it. I have contacted a few in the area but received no response so hopefully one of these will be my lucky charm.

I'll post results. :) Thanks again!

6. personalchefhn

personalchefhn

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Yielded no results.. My search for an hourly kitchen in the San Fernando Valley continues./img/vbsmilies/smilies/chef.gif

7. petemccracken

petemccracken

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Repeating what I've posted before, start by talking with your LOCAL health inspector, not the office but the person doing the health inspections in the locale you are interested in!

Commercial kitchen MUST be inspected and the persons inspecting are aware of the scuttlebutt.

Second, talk to the laundry service drivers, you know, Mission Linen, etc. They generally have the most current information as they are around the kitchens weekly.

8. personalchefhn

personalchefhn

Exp:
    Private Chef
    So you are suggesting that I contact my local health inspector and/or laundry service drivers and ask if they know any kitchens available?

I am aware that the kitchen must be fully licensed and inspected. I am not exactly sure what you are suggesting.

Thanks