Hotel or corporate

Discussion in 'Jobs / Internships Postings' started by bryan hu, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Hotel

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. Corporate

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. bryan hu

bryan hu

Exp:
    Other
    Yeah my goal is to eventually become a chef. It has been an eye opener for me sinced I've moved to Canada. How kitchens are being run here compared to back from where I'm from are totally different.
    Main focus is still career rather than eye candy-ing XD

2. foodpump

foodpump

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Hi Brtan,
    Unfortunatly your buddy isn't the one doing the hiring, only H.R. can tell you what you would be earning when you start.

My experiences with vncvr hotel unions sre exactly that, my experiences. You need to experience hotels for yourself.

Please take these two facts into consideration

3. superiora1

superiora1

Exp:
    Chef de partie
    I am quite hesitant to cast an opinion (vote) on which is better. But I believe bot hotels and corporate have their advantages/disadvantages. I'm working corporate as of now, and still an active culinary student in college. At my current restaurant I started in the pits aka the dish room, even though I have credited hours towards a degree. Now I'm a line cook at that same place (Cheesecake Factory). I learned a lot moving up to the line about corporate restaurants and I believe it all depends on what you want from your career. Corporate can be harsh but for sure can pay off in many ways if its your preference.

4. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Hotel. A good hotel with banquets, bakery, room service, 3 restaurants, poolside bar, etc. You learn it all in a hotel but it has to be a good one.

flipflopgirl likes this.
  5. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
    Maybe I am just biased.
    I love hotels.
    Esp if they offer white glove service and amenities.
    I keep an eagle eye on the discount sites and if a good deal catches my attention I snap up a few nites in the nicest suite I can get my hands on.
    My bag will hold one nice dress (shoes and jewelry to match ;-) boxers and tshirts and big fuzzy socks and my favorite bubbly milk bath.
    I move in and treat myself to the dining rooms and room service and maybe a spa day.
    Heaven.

mimi

6. Jandira Passos

Jandira Passos

Exp:
    interesting topic! thanks for sharing guys!