homemade white chocolate

Joined Jan 17, 2013
I'm trying to only use soy free chocolate and I was curious if anyone had a good white chocolate recipe that creates decent white chocolate.

Joined Oct 10, 2005
Not manty recipies out there.

Basically, you need cocoa butter, milk powder, cream powder, and sugar. Tiny amount of vanilla--1/2%, and most companies use a tiny amount of soy lecethin-1/2%., thats half of one percent. The lecethin, in small amounts acts as a thinning agent--it mimics the addition of almost 10%cocoa butter. Obviously you can use cocoa butter instead.

Thing is, none of the ingredients will dissolve in cocoa butter, they are only water soluable. Chocolate mnfctrs use a milling process and then a "conching"process to mill the sugar and milk powders super fine. Pretty elaborate and expensive equipment, and I don't know of any small, countertop equivelent.

Hope this helps

chefpeon

Kitchen Dork
Joined Jun 15, 2006
@lazar89, The OP wanted to know if they could make the white chocolate itself, not for recipes using white chocolate. Also, this forum is for pros only......if you're not a pro you should refrain from posting. Thank you!

Last edited:
Joined Jul 10, 2011
aren't there soy free chocolates produced? I haven't looked for awhile but I would imagine that the labor to produce would negate the cost of the chocolate.

Following the thread as I get some pretty specific allergy sufferers walking in the doors

Latest posts

Top Bottom