Homemade Chaat Masala spice mix

Joined Sep 14, 2020
IMG_9147.jpg

In my latest video I show you how to make Chaat Masala spice mix at home. It is a tangy spice mix that is perfect for snazzing up a fruit bowl!

I keep the instructions very easy, here's what you will need:

Chilli Powder 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Flakes 1 tbsp
Whole Black Pepper 1 tbsp
Cinnamon Powder 1 tbsp

Salt 1 tbsp
Black Salt 1 tbsp
Tatri (Lemon Salt / Sour Salt) 1 tbsp

Amchur Powder (Dry Mango Powder) 2 tbsp
Sonth (Dry Ginger) 2 tbsp
Cloves 10-12
Cardamoms 10-12
Ajwain (Carom Seeds) 1 tbsp
Fennel Seeds 2 tbsp
White Cumin Seeds 2 tbsp
Coriander Seeds 3 tbsp

w/ English Subtitles

If you try it, please tell me how it turns out! :emoji_grin:

Joined Sep 14, 2020
I have a Tandoori Masala recipe on my channel as well but once it is translated to English, I hope to share here as well :emoji_relaxed:

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
I cook more Chinese And Chinese Diaspora than the rest of Asian cuisines. Indian cooking, I'm focused on saag lately and naan with western equipment.

Joined Sep 14, 2020
Saag and Naan? It's on the list! Saag is a lovely dish, my children enjoy it a lot. Desi Asian food

What sort of naan are you aiming for? There's a few different ways to make Saag too

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
Garlic naan is my favorite. I've had better success in a stovetop griddle than in the oven.

Joined Sep 14, 2020
I have traditional methods so for me it is either a tandoor oven and stick it on the sides, but on the stove is the other choice and the more common one as I do not have a tandoor oven in my home. I think the result is just as great! I will make a video for Garlic Naan on the stove :emoji_relaxed:

What sort of Saag has caught your interest? Palak saag, meat saag, chicken saag, with potatoes, in mustard oil, there is a nice variety

Latest posts

Top Bottom