Home cook from Atlanta!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by kaybjay, Jun 9, 2014.

1. kaybjay

kaybjay

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hi! I've been reading the posts & I am so glad I found this site!

2. dreamshards8

dreamshards8

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Welcome!

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome, Kaybjay! Why not tell us something about yourself? I'm a home cook myself. What do you like to cook? Was there someone who inspired you to love cooking? Are there dishes or types of cooking you'd like to learn to tackle?

Chef Talk is an excellent place for us home cooks in that we can learn from the professionals in several ways. First of all, we can read all the professional forums (although we mustn't post there). Second, they can answer our questions in the general forums. Also, many of the cooking articles are written by professionals, although some are written by home cooks as well. Something you'll find here, though, that you won't find at other sites, is that the pros will learn from us, too. If you have a family recipe or ethnic cuisine that's unknown to a chef, you may be the best person to teach him/her about it. Don't be shy to share what you know!

So, please tell us about yourself!

Regards,

Mezzaluna

4. kaybjay

kaybjay

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I NEVER really cared for food. I was born & raised on chicken, rice & gravy & fish on Friday. BORING! I became a junk food junkie! I could go for days without having a real meal, thus the life long weight issues. I joined a program that required me to eat. What I discovered was it wasn't food I disliked, it was monotony. I don't like having the same thing every night. I started collecting recipes & found out food is fun! I've been hooked ever since!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014