Home breading frugality

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by rpooley, May 23, 2016.

1. rpooley

rpooley

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I don't make breaded things at home (standard flour-egg-crumbs) much because there's always waste with flour, egg and breadcrumbs.

Any ideas?  I made the eggs into an omelet once.......

2. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    You shouldn't have that much waste.... for the breadcrumbs, what I do is for the last few items I bread, when there's little breading left in the plate, I gather breading in the center of the plate, sprinkle some fresh breading on top of the item and press. 

And yes you can always mix the leftover breading with the leftover egg for a quick piece of fried breading. Cut it in small bands and share it with whoever's around while you're cooking as an amuse-bouche. There are always perks like that for hanging around the kitchen near dinner time in our house. For example my wife loves gnawing on raw cabbage hearts. I often eat the chicken butt while cutting the chicken. And whoever is helping around the grill get to taste a piece... you know.... to "check for doneness"... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

3. rpooley

rpooley

Exp:
    Home Cook
    How does the fried breading go?  Never heard of it.

Chicken butt.  A chef's treat that makes a 9 year old giggle.  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

4. teamfat

teamfat

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Depending on any seasoning used, a good pinch or two of grated parm is a nice touch.