Hiya

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by emeraldcook, May 3, 2004.

1. emeraldcook

emeraldcook

Hi my name is Fred, im 17, I live in missouri, and right now I go to a culinary program at a local junior college and this is my first year of that. After high school i plan to go to CIA and graduate in two years.

I love to cook and to be in the kitchen. I recently got to be the "chef" of the kitchen for a dinner for our families. I was nervous at first because it was a last minute arrangement because the original chef was late. Once i get in and got the feel of it.. I loved every minute of it, i think i get a rush off of it!!!!

Well i plan to post alot and have great discussions, if anyone has any college advice im open to discussion please contact me!

2. coolj

coolj

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Advice for college. Be a sponge. Let me explain this to you, what I mean is always be open to new ideas or suggestions, which are like liquid to a sponge, and always be open to people asking your opinion, which is the same as squeezing a wet sponge. I learned this in my second year apprenticeship class, my prof was awesome, his theory was that everyone in a class situation brings something to the table (like a potluck supper). He also said that he was the student, because he's always learning from his students while he's teaching them.

3. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Welcome Fred....where in Mo do you live? What jr college are you going to?

4. emeraldcook

emeraldcook

I live in House Springs, MO. About 20 minutes or more outside of St. Louis. I attend Jefferson College half the day during high school.

5. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk, Fred. There are many young future chefs here, and plenty more culinary students too. If you stop in the Culinary Students' forum you'll find some good discussions going on. Use the search button to find previous discussions that may interest you. Don't miss the articles over at the main Chef Talk site.

Yeah, there's a lot going on here. Glad to have you be part of it.

Mezzaluna