High end kitchen timer??

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by cook-e, Aug 16, 2010.

1. cook-e

cook-e

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I just upgraded my stove to a gorgeous Thermador... but didn't even realize it doesn't have a timer.  I rely on my timer!  I'm looking for something nice looking for the counter, hefty, that plugs in, preferably... and can time up to about 4 hours.  Anyone have any suggestions?  The cheap plastic things on Amazon just don't cut it...  many thanks to all

2. amazingrace

amazingrace

Exp:
    At home cook
    My stove does have a timer, but it goes only to 60 minutes.  Many of my recipes take longer.  I like my little battery powered digital timer I bought from Pampered Chef.  I can take it with me from room to room,  even outside.  I can clip it onto my shirt.  There's also a magnet so when it's not in use,  I stick it onto the side of the fridge.  It was inexpensive, but I won't call it cheap.  It does what it's supposed to do. 

3. cook-e

cook-e

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Thanks Amazingrace!

4. kyheirloomer

kyheirloomer

Exp:
    Food Writer
    Why plug-in particularly? There are a range of battery-operated digital timers on the market. Relatively inexpensive, and they do the job.

Matter of fact, I prefer having several timers. Even though both my stove and microwave hkave timers I just bought a pair of battery timers at about ten bucks a throw.

5. cook-e

cook-e

Exp:
    Home Cook
    That's a good question.... I guess I just don't want to have to change batteries, but hey - looks like I may have to go that way.  Thanks for responding!