Hi

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by rabbit, Apr 21, 2003.

1. rabbit

rabbit

Hi folks, I'm new to this forum. I joined to network with anyone in the western NJ, eastern PA area. I have been in the biz for 17 yrs.
    Have fun...

Rabbit

2. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Welcome Rabbit, glad to have you. It will be great getting input from someone with your experience.

3. isa

isa

Welcome to Chef Talk Rabbit !

4. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    We're glad you found us, Rabbit. In what capacity do you operate in the culinary world? Please tell us a bit about yourself. And we hope you enjoy the other forums.

Mezzaluna

5. jim berman

jim berman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome aboard! Networking is good!!
    I am in northern Delaware just south of Phili. Where are you working? Are you involved with ACF in the area?
    Looing forward to chattin' w/you!
    Again, welcome!
    -Jim

6. rabbit

rabbit

Hi Jim, Thanx for reply. I live about 1 hr north of Philly, near New Hope PA. Right now I am Not working in the biz, but trying to get back in. I have not had a meaningful cooking job Or prospect since 9/11 I am lookin to work in Corporate Dinning (B&I). But as you know the econ sucks, and with all of the enron, worldcom stuff, large food service feeding white collar world is not growing, as one might imagine jobs are being cut because food service is a bene that corp america can scale back....Anyway, I notice you are a Teacher, hows that world, and any special requirements needed, cause banging nails doesnt carry medical or dental....

Any thoughts?

Thanx again,

Rabbit

7. jim berman

jim berman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    New Hope, eh? Nice area! Really classy, for what I have seen.

Have you knocked on Sodexho/Wood's door for any opportunities? They always seem to be hiring. What about some of the local contract outfits (Acorn, Metz)?

As for teaching, I LOVE it!! I spent 12+ years working the line and in B&I accounts. Enough was enough and I really like to have an audience. It has been challenging, but the most rewarding thing I have done in my career. Another ChefTalk user, Schoolchef, and I teach at the same school. I am sure he would be happy to correspond w/you to shed some other insight on culinary arts instruction. Or feel free to PM/email me and we can 'chat'.
    -Jim

8. rabbit

rabbit

Hey Jim,

Thanx for the heads up about Sodexho, I used to work for them as an Exec Chef....Went to BCC (Bucks Co. Comm. Col.) yesterday for their career fair, and spoke to a live body from Sodexho....we'll see what happens.......

I never heard about Acorn...will try the net, as for Metz I sent them resume acouple of months ago...will try again...

Nice to hear someone so enthusiastic about their work, I will get back to you with some questions.

Thanx for your time,

Rabbit

9. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Rabbit,

Jim may not be the only one with the information you seek. Try posting further posts in the professionals' forums and see what pops up. :bounce: