Hi

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by Ramjan Hossain, Aug 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ramjan Hossain

Ramjan Hossain

Exp:
    Professional chef
    Hello there guys,
    I'm Ramjan new to this forum. Recently moved to sweden. I use to live in sydney about 7 yrs then went back home. now here I am in sweden. I am proffesional chef and got 9 yrs of cooking experience. can you guys help me out to find a decent chef job in Stockholm? or what should I do to find a job?
    Have a great day guys.
    cheers
    Ramjan

2. rick alan

rick alan

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome Ramjan. Not the best one to ask, but if you can get a job at Noma then perhaps you should take it. Chef Lagom has a substantial operation on the West coast somewhere but that's a big move also maybe.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  3. lagom

lagom

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi Ramjam. Just so happens that I am currently looking for a key, experienced person to head up a kitchen in the city of Göteborg. My guy there has accepted a position in Switzerland and is leaving in mid November. I am talking to candidates now about the position if you're interested. Swedish language not required.

Also, look at the Arbetsformedling websight, better yet book an appointment and go meet a job coachbin person. They can set up interviews, help with your cv, and may even be able to offset part of your salary for a potential employer.

Pm me if you want.

David

4. lagom

lagom

Exp:
    Professional Chef
  5. Ramjan Hossain

Ramjan Hossain

Exp:
    Professional chef
    Thanks for your offer, i appreciate it. but apply via Arbetsformedling need bank ID but have not got my swedish ID card. Applied for it couple of weeks ago but have't got it yet.

6. lagom

lagom

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Have you gotten the "All Powerful " personal number yet? Welcome to the land of unmovable rock head pencil pushers. Seriously, once you have that and your ID things flow much easier. What is your residence permit like? Are you EU citizen?

nicko likes this.
  7. rick alan

rick alan

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    @lagom, yes I know, but "just one town over" as they say. ;-)

Ramjan, I don't actually know chef Redzepi from a hole in the wall, and if I were in the business I'd jump at the chance to work for chef Lagom.

lagom likes this.
  8. lagom

lagom

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thank you Rick. Can't wait to visit Boston again, it's been years( well the 80's) but I got many a blurry memories from China town and the combat zone.

9. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    @lagom can you explain what a "personal number" is? That is a new concept to me here in the states.

10. lagom

lagom

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    It's kinda like a social security number. Your date of birth plus a 4 digit number after. Once you have one issued by the tax agency here then you can pretty much do anything. Ie get a bank account, apply for an apartment, collect pay, drivers license, doctor appointment. Without it you are a person non grata here.