Hi

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by cooksforfun, Jan 7, 2015.

1. cooksforfun

cooksforfun

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi, this is the first forum that I have looked at about cooking. I love to cook, and have cooked only for family and friends. I have never taken a class and was taught by my parents. I started when I was about six and have loved everything to do with the kitchen. With having never taken any classes I have never really followed a recipe. That is to say that I have used recipes, but have never used the measured amounts given. I have always cooked by smell and taste. I love finding new recipes to try and enjoy making my own. I currently live in Germany and am starting to learn how to cook German foods. I have read some of the post on the forums and have found many useful tips and tricks to try.

2. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
    Welcome to Chef Talk!

Am assuming by your comment "learning to cook German foods" that you are not a native German?
    Will add that if not you have certainly come to the right place as CT counts many members (that are frequent posters) from your area of Europe.

:)
    mimi

3. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Welcome to ChefTalk we are glad you joined up with us. Let us know if you have any questions about the forums.

4. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    I cook by feel, smell. and taste

5. cooksforfun

cooksforfun

Exp:
    At home cook
    I am not from Germany. I have lived here for just about one year. I am excited to hear from the other people living in Europe, and learn from some of their tips.