Hi!

Discussion in 'Professional Pastry Chefs' started by susie, Apr 27, 2006.

1. susie

susie

Exp:
    Food Writer
    I came upon this site, seems well compiled! I am a translator, and desperately looking for translation for the word tourteau, in French, into English, but not the crab definition, rather the cacao partiellement dégraissé one!! It's to do with a real nice chocolate recipes book, and definitely worth it!!
    If anyone can help, thanks in advance........

Susie

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Susie, you've come to the right place. We have food writers, at least one cookbook editor, many chocolatiers and a slew of passionate cooks and chefs, so I'm sure you'll find the answer.

I'll move your post to the Professional Pastry Chefs' forum so it will receive the attention it deserves.

Welcome to Chef Talk! We hope you'll avail yourself of the articles, reviews, recipes and the e-newsletter as well as this excellent forum.

Regards,
    Mezzaluna

3. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Susie, is this what you're working from? If not, what is the context?

My 45-year-old Cassell's French-English dictionary defines tourteau as an oil-cake, which doesn't seem to help much when you're talking about partially defatted chocolate. :crazy:

I'll see what more I can dig up.

4. susie

susie

Exp:
    Food Writer
    Yes Suzanne, your link content is exactly I'm talking about! Thanks a lot for your help, it would get me out of a really tricky one!
    and Mezzaluna, thanks for your welcome!

Susie :smiles:

5. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Glad we could help! :)