Hi

Joined Apr 1, 2004
Hi all,

I just discovered this site and am very excited by it. Cooking is a hugely therapeutic activity for me, even though I have to watch how much of the output I eat to keep my weight from its apparently inexorable rise. I am looking forward to sharing and learning.

Tom

Joined Aug 29, 2000
I guess that makes me a moldy oldy then Tom! Welcome to the Cafe. As you have already found out, we are a friendly group and respect everyone's level of skill and breadth of knowledge about the culinary world.

What do you like to cook? I find that making soups is very therapeutic for me.

Joined Apr 1, 2004
Thanks for the welcome. I am an avocational cook, and use cooking as my relaxation and therapy. My particular projects are selected by my mood du jour so there is no real focus but I like projects that involve slicing, dicing, chopping, and preparation without being overly technical. Things that cook slowly (not in a slow cooker) like soups, stews, cassoulet, or roasts of various kinds are especially attractive to me. As a vegetable gardener as well, my menus are driven by available produce from the garden in the Michigan growing season.

I don't do a lot of baking, on the other hand, although I use a bread machine to make bread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom