Hi!

Joined Jul 15, 2003
Hi. Have been "scoping" the site for a while now, but just joined. I'm pleased to be a member of Chef Talk since you've been providing lots of great cooking and equipment advice to me for several months. What a great network of "foodies".

I hail from the midwest, but have lived in various parts of the world and am very familiar with Middle Eastern cooking. And, I like to cook and eat...

Not a professional chef by any means, but an avid amateur. Looking forward to future discussions...

Joined Jul 15, 2003
Thanks! I'm glad to be here, especially after sseing Andrew and Karen's posts.

Their books, especially Culinary Artistry, are terrific! That book has such great information on developing dishes and menu planning. It's one of my favorite "sit in the chair, sip wine and dream" books.

Looking forward to learning from all of you.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
We're glad you found us and decided to jump in. We'll look forward to your posts, hotcookin!

What dishes do you like to prepare and eat?

Joined Jul 15, 2003
Thanks for the kind words.

I love to experiment with just about anything. Love stovetop cooking, making ethnic dishes (Thai, Indian, Italian, Middle Eastern), and anything that's a bit out of the ordinary. Making homemade pasta is fun, too.

Recently got a couple of nice pressure cookers (the electric one is wonderful), so have made some really terrific risotto, stews, wild rice, and even bread pudding in them.

Joined Jan 24, 2003
welcome hotcookin

Middle east cooking ....yum.........I think that this is going to be very popular in the west very soon. Its healthy delicious & easy.

What styles do you like, I love iranian, turkish,& have even tried some Kuwait dishes as I was lucky enough to find dried preserved limes in a deli recently.

chow

Joined Jul 18, 2003
hi hotcookin

I'm new too :chef:
i think we both lear a lot from thes guy's:bounce:

Joined Jul 15, 2003
Thanks for all the greetings!

To answer your question on Middle Eastern cooking, I've got Egyptian roots, and lived there for nearly 6 years. So, to me, "grandma food" is all about stuffed grape leaves, stuffed peppers and tomatoes, baklava, t'maia (filafel), tahini, hummus, lamb, and lots of Egyptian-only specialties.

We cook the dishes often, and they're a big hit (especially the desserts) with guests.

Latest posts

Top Bottom