Hi Ya'll !!!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by the saucy cajun, Apr 1, 2002.

1. the saucy cajun

the saucy cajun

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm the chef/owner of a small catering biz in Louisiana. I've been reading the forums for awhile, so I almost feel like I already know some of you!
    The Saucy Cajun

2. marmalady

marmalady

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Hi, Saucy Cajun and welcome to Cheftalk! Love your signature! We love butter and cream here, too!

3. athenaeus

athenaeus

Exp:
    At home cook
    Another Southern on board!!!

I love people from the South too similar with the Greeks :) ( I can imagine some ironic smiles now...)

Hey do you have good pies or H Long was distributing pieces of pie in vain ? ;)

4. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to ChefTalk, The Saucy Cajun. Anyone who loves butter and cream is a friend of mine!

5. isa

isa

Welcome to Chef Talk!

Nice to meet you Cajun.

6. kimmie

kimmie

Hi The Saucy Cajun. Warm welcome to Cheftalk! ;)

7. the saucy cajun

the saucy cajun

What a great welcome! It's nice to meet all of you. And Athenaeus, you were more correct than you knew! Years (& years & years) ago, when I was in school, I lived in Thessaloniki for 2 years. But then, of course, I was not a Southern! (Thessaloniki is Greece's second largest city, located in the north.) I was in 28 countries while living there, so now I cook a little bit of everything & specialize in Cajun/Creole. So even though I was born here, I'll still put my baclava, taramosalata, tsatsiki, & souvlakia up against anyones! Wow, don't you hate it when you make yourself hungry?

The Saucy Cajun

8. athenaeus

athenaeus

Exp:
    At home cook
    LOL

It seems that I have developed a 6th sense LOL

My grandma was born in Thessaloniki, lived there until the War.But the family temper is very southern Greek!
    So we will have many things to talk about regarding food!

Welcome again, waiting for your posts.

9. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Where are you in La?

10. the saucy cajun

the saucy cajun

We are located in Baton Rouge, about 70 miles upriver from New Orleans.Baton Rouge is sorta' an overgrown small town,(at least in attitude) although we are the capital and the home of LSU. Traditionally, north LA is "country", south LA is cajun, and New Orleans is, well, Nu Awlins. We're right in the middle, so we're a little bit of everything. This is where I, my parents, their parents, etc. were born. I've lived in Greece, Dallas, Cleveland, & Pittsburg - but I always come back here! So throw a note in a bottle in the river shroomgirl! Maybe I'll find it!
    The Saucy Cajun