HI there!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by poofles, Sep 21, 2010.

1. poofles

poofles

Exp:
    At home cook
    18 year old young guy from Estonia. Not really a cook or anyting but im studying something close to that i suppose. Customer service and should have some cooking lessons at one point also don't really care alot about cooking.. i suppose i just like beautiful food that tastes like heaven. I work at a little hotel restourant and studying and working is pretty much killing me but i still love it:D

I like reading, ughh music and ughh annoying people with my good mood cause we have really bad weather here which kinda makes people depressed and stuff. Alos love to make people smile. Anyways don't know what else to tell you as i haven't really written any introductions to any forums or anything but this place looked quite nice to stick around /img/vbsmilies/smilies//smile.gif

Oh yeah and ughh english is not my native language so i might make some really bad mistakes and stuff and i would really appriciate if you would tell me where did i go wrong in my sentence building. /img/vbsmilies/smilies//smile.gif

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk, Poofles. I had to laugh at your comment, that you like annoying people by being in a a good mood! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif  Ah, young people...../img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Don't be concerned that English isn't your first language. We have many, many members from all over the world, so we admire all those who participate here, although English is their second, third or even fourth language. Go for it!

We hope to see you often.

Regards,

Mezzaluna

3. poofles

poofles

Exp:
    At home cook
    Not really concerned, would just like if you would tell me if i go really wrong somewhere i just need the languages as im working as a ughh garçon.. yeah its waiter in french just like it cause it sounds fancier " class="bbcode_smiley" height="" img="" smilies="" span="" src="/img/vbsmilies/smilies//biggrin.gif" title="/img/vbsmilies/smilies//biggrin.gif" vbsmilies="" width="" />

I actually found this place when i was looking for some lessons on how to actually be a good waiter or something but haven't found anything yet :p

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  4. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Poofles, you may find a good may complaints about incompetent servers, but there is a lot to learn from those negative comments. I've been a server myself, after a a short time in the kitchen. I'm likely to be leave generous tips because of that!

By the way, you may want to choose the search term "server" rather than "waiter", as that's a term that applies to both men and women and is widely used in North America in place of "waiter". After your search, if you want more information, please start a thread in the Late Night Cafe forum. There's always the chance people will jump in to complain about some idiot who spilled on them, etc,, but you'll also get some thoughtful suggestions, too. I believe the chefs who attend the Culinary Institute of America and other culinary institutes must work a bit as servers to understand how the chef and the server must work together. Therefore, you can expect some good insights from the chefs on this topic.

Good luck!

Mezzaluna