Hi - New Here from NJ

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by mrshoople, Apr 9, 2006.

1. mrshoople

mrshoople

Exp:
    At home cook
    :chef: Hello everyone. I am Diane and just joined this forum today. I have been a member of many cooking groups on YAHOO! and other forums as well. I love to chat about all food related subjects.

I like to cook more than bake. Lately I have been experimenting with Moroccan cuisine. I like to try ethnically diverse things.

I am a big fan of the chemistry of cooking and always looking to learn more. One of my favorite books is Cookwise by Shirley Corriher.

I collect cookbooks and have about 1300+ from all over the world and all types.

I am looking forward to getting to know this group.

Diane
    :p

2. crazytatt

crazytatt

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome to the site. If you like food chemistry, you should check out the stuff Chef Hamaro Cantu(MOTO, Chicago) does, he is a mad scientist. He is the leading chef in molecular gastronomy (n. in cooking, the study and application of chemistry, physics, and other scientific principles on its processes, preparation, and materials. )

http://www.motorestaurant.com/flash/index.html

if you go to the bottom and look for the little test tube, click it.

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Nice to meet you, Diane! I think you'll find this is just about the best place on the web for home cooks because we can interact with each other and with trained professionals. I'm also a home cook (and a retired teacher), and I've had the benefit of great insights and ideas from the friendly bunch here.

If you do a search on this site you may find earlier threads on Moroccan cuisine; I know we've discussed it. Since you're into food science you'll want to take a look at the conversations we had recently with Harold McGee. I'm sure you'll find lots there to enjoy.

Make yourself at home and enjoy the site.
    Welcome!
    Mezzaluna