Hi, I'm New to Chef Talk

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by charlie_m, May 13, 2006.

1. charlie_m

charlie_m

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi,I'm Charlie and I own a small specialty cheesecake company in the San Jose calif area. I have never participated in a forum before

Chalrie
    Charlie's Cheesecake Works

2. chefdavsimpson

chefdavsimpson

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Hi Charlie Welcome to cheftalk. What would you like to know?

3. charlie_m

charlie_m

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    One of my customers suggested I join the forum. I am always looking for new ideas for our cheesecake store. Iwould like to swap stories with others making cheesecakes and other complimentary desserts as well.

4. crazytatt

crazytatt

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome to the board. Any questions, feel free to ask, I know there are lots of knowledgable and informative people here, always willing to lend an E-hand.

5. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello Charlie M and welcome to Chef Talk. If you browse down the list of forums, you'll find the best one for your questions. I suspect it'll be the Professional Pastry Chefs forum, since you're a pro yourself. By posting there you'll get the attention your questions need.

Also, we have a good search feature here. I know many people have had cheesecake questions. Exploring those older threads may yield some information you can use as well.

In any case, enjoy all the forums, articles, reviews and don't forget to sign up for the e-newsletter too! There's so much here. We hope you'll come often to learn and share.

Regards,
    Mezzaluna

6. magnolia_chef

magnolia_chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    welcome charlie, i know how to make a cheese cake & not end up with the crack in the center, but you prolly do as well, drop a line , i am new as well, see ya later.

7. tinkerbell

tinkerbell

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi,
    My name is Tinkerbell. I am just starting out in the world of business. I have developed a prize winning cheese cake and have a 200 seat restaurant that is interested in purchasing my cheese cake.

I need help:

First, how should I wrap this cheese cake and freeze it?
    Second, what is the best way to cut the cheese cake and with what
    tool?

I would appreciate any help and advice you could give me.

Thank you...

8. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk, Tinkerbell.

You might want to cruise down the list of forums and post this question in the Professional Pastry Chef's forum. I'm sure Charlie M can help too, but your question will get more attention there.

Good luck! Why not open a thread and introduce yourself here in the Welcome Forum?

Regards,
    Mezzaluna

9. charlie_m

charlie_m

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Tinkerbell,
    If you are going to have your cheesecakes frozen then you should not have to wrap them unless they are going into a freezer that you think will add foreign substances to the cheesecake. If this is the case just shrink wrap the package. You can buy a hand device or an automated machine. As for cutting, there is a great company in santa barbara Calif that makes cake cutting equipment. Food Tools inc. I use one of their Pneumatic cutting machines

Charlie

10. charlie_m

charlie_m

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Tinkerbell,
    If you are going to have your cheesecakes frozen then you should not have to wrap them unless they are going into a freezer that you think will add foreign substances to the cheesecake. If this is the case just shrink wrap the package. You can buy a hand device or an automated machine. As for cutting, there is a great company in santa barbara Calif that makes cake cutting equipment. Food Tools inc. I use one of their Pneumatic cutting machines

Charlie