Hi I'd like to introduce myself.

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by nucleus, May 12, 2006.

1. nucleus

nucleus

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi, this is my first post. I am nucleus and I am into cooking too.

I enjoy roasting turkeys (smoking method) a subtle way using bricks and the heat from wood fire. Roasted pumpkin seeds, lamb or making pizza ;o)

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk, Nucleus. I see you're into brick oven baking for your turkeys. Do you bake bread in it too? We've had discussions about this method; you might want to use the search feature here to check those out.

Take a look at the forums, articles, reviews and recipes. Sign up for th e-newsletter if you like! We hope you return often to learn and share.

Regards,
    Mezzaluna

3. nucleus

nucleus

Exp:
    At home cook
    Mezzaluna, thank you for the warm welcome.

Yes we make in all kind of bread, roasts or top pizzas too. Will post some pictures about the activity...

4. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Nucleus, did you make the oven yourself? Did you build it from an original design or from a kit?

5. diane

diane

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Warm welcome from me too. I have a book about building ovens various. Bricks and so on. But that is as far as I have got.

6. crazytatt

crazytatt

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome to the board!

7. nucleus

nucleus

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi all, thanks for further welcome messages, very nice.

Which book on wood fired ovens do you have? I collected few books too, it's my top interest collecting all in regards traditional cooking using energy from burning firewood.

Yes I am in refractory and often build wood fired brick ovens. I never work with kits, I construct firing/cooking part using firebricks for efficiency and long life. Fire bricks are proper way to go plus not costly! Large turkeys (8x fit inside) stay in for 4-1/2 hours at baking temperature. All from single 1-1/2 hour long firing heat up, till carbon burns off at higher temp good for crispy pizzas.
    One closeup fire photo with pizza inside is in my gallery here if you're interested to see:
    http://homenestmakers.com/cgi-bin/ba...=9970221442444

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND EVERYONE

8. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Thanks for the information, Nucleus. I guess you'll be the "go-to" person for questions on wood-burning brick ovens.

Enjoy the board!
    Mezzaluna

9. nucleus

nucleus

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thanks Mezzaluna, I sure am enjoying forum posts here already. I found heaps of great reading on cooking for me. And of course if anyone needs to talk about or help with wood fired oven building or using them i'll join the conversation.