hi, i;m new & i have a question about custards

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by greenfoodie, Sep 17, 2002.

1. greenfoodie

greenfoodie

hello,
    i am a culinary student and i have a question about custards. I need to know 3 different ways for each method of makinga custard. I assume that there are two methods for making a custard... on the stove,stirring in a double boiler & in the oven in a bain maire. could anyone help me out please.. it would be much appreciated

2. w.debord

w.debord

Oops, I saw and responded to your other post first. But I guessed right, I thought this sounded like a question for a class. Good luck and I'm for real. Tell your instructor theres 4 ways...I promise.

3. w.debord

w.debord

I just remembered something else, there's 5 ways. Mr. Caffet cooks his custards in a pastureizer....when he told us he works with batches large enough to fill 150 tortes at once.... we all wondered how? he trusts his pasturizer.....

4. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk, greenfoodie. You'll find lots to learn here, and we hope to learn from you, too.

We have a great Culinary Students' forum and many others to choose from. Your current post would do better in a pastry forum, I think, so I'm moving it (with automatic forwarding) to that part of our board.

We hope you'll take a look at all of the forums and get a feel for our friendly, knowledgeable group of food-lovers.

Welcome!
    Mezzaluna, Welcome Forum moderator