hi, i;m new & i have a question about custards

Joined Sep 17, 2002
hello,
i am a culinary student and i have a question about custards. I need to know 3 different ways for each method of makinga custard. I assume that there are two methods for making a custard... on the stove,stirring in a double boiler & in the oven in a bain maire. could anyone help me out please.. it would be much appreciated

Joined Mar 6, 2001
Oops, I saw and responded to your other post first. But I guessed right, I thought this sounded like a question for a class. Good luck and I'm for real. Tell your instructor theres 4 ways...I promise.

Joined Mar 6, 2001
I just remembered something else, there's 5 ways. Mr. Caffet cooks his custards in a pastureizer....when he told us he works with batches large enough to fill 150 tortes at once.... we all wondered how? he trusts his pasturizer.....

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Welcome to Chef Talk, greenfoodie. You'll find lots to learn here, and we hope to learn from you, too.

We have a great Culinary Students' forum and many others to choose from. Your current post would do better in a pastry forum, I think, so I'm moving it (with automatic forwarding) to that part of our board.

We hope you'll take a look at all of the forums and get a feel for our friendly, knowledgeable group of food-lovers.

Welcome!
Mezzaluna, Welcome Forum moderator

Top Bottom