Hi from MA

Joined Jul 18, 2004
Hi Everyone. I am so happy I found this board! A friend on another board told me to check this place out (Thanks Marmalady (I am assuming that is your name here too)). This seems like such a friendly and informative board and I can't wait to jump in.

I love to cook, I love to eat, and I love to talk about both. There is nothing that I will not try cooking. The harder it is, the more I like the challenge.

I also am very into photography and take pictures of a lot of the food I cook and eat. On my honeymoon, there were some people who thought I was crazy because I took pictures of the meals I was served and even took pictures of the menus. Well I do not disagree with them that I am crazy, but it sure works for me :)

I can't wait to get to know you all and have some great conversations :)

Joined Oct 28, 1999
Any friend of Marmalady's is a friend of ours!! Welcome to ChefTalk. We are glad you found us, too. There are some real enthusiasts here that will share in a lively exchange of dialog... myself included.
I checked out your site... fun photos!! Welcome aboard,
Jim

Joined Jul 18, 2004
Thanks for checking out my site Jim and thanks so much for the warm welcome!

Joined Nov 21, 2001
hi, geebs - did we chat on egullet? about grafton restaurants? if so, have you found any good ones?
kat

Joined Jul 18, 2004
Hi Kat,

Yes that was me :) We did find a few decent places. Two Cousins in Grafton is a pretty good place. It is a little Italian restaurant that makes great pizza in a wood burning oven. I am sort of picky about my pizza. I am used to NY pizza and two cousins comes close to that.

Another place that we really like is El Basha is Shrewsbury. It is Middle Eastern food and it is excellent. Here is their website. El Basha.

We are still on the lookout for more places, but I don't think that will ever stop :)

It is great to see you again Kat!

Joined Nov 21, 2001
dear geebs,
unfortunately in this area your not going to find a lot of good pizza places - the owners generally use shredded white cheddar cheese instead of mozz. as it is cheaper and they think no one can tell the difference! :(
my friends and family are constantly hounding me to open up something - anything in the area so that good pizza will be available. :) perhaps when my youngest is done high school. it's only 4 more years!
nice to see you again, too!
kat

Joined Nov 21, 2001
dear geebs,
i came across a good pizza place yesterday - it's Enrico's in sturbridge - traditional hand tossed, wood burning oven and good toppings. about 1/2 hr. from you, grab the mass pike - west, jump off on rte. 20, in sturbridge and its on the right, in a strip mall a little ways up - i only remember it's in the same strip mall as the curves gym - not that far up. it had a good chewy crust and was far superior to the greek style sweet dough that is made in most of the area pizza places.
kat

Top Bottom