Hi, From California

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by ciao, May 19, 2005.

1. ciao

ciao

Hi everyone,
    Cooking is my thing as it is probably yours. My bookshelves sag with cookbooks.

I have a rather unique job as I am a Studio Teacher near L.A.
    That is I work in the entertainment business and teach or tutor the children who are working in a film, TV, theater, commercial, etc. CA law says a studio teacher must be present when a minor is working in entertainment. Yes, even at a rodeo. But I've never done that one.
    Hollywood gossip is off limits to me so please don't ask!

I'm hoping to learn a lot from people who are passionate about cooking.
    I cook a lot of Italian foods. Very simple cooking as it is in Italy.

2. harpua

harpua

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Welcome fellow californian! I'm in Orange County.

I cook a lot of Italian foods and would like to learn more healthy recipes authentic to Italy. I visited there a couple years ago and tasted wonderful food.

3. ciao

ciao

Hi
    We just got back from a three week trip to Italy including Sicily.
    I have lots of recipes just give me a dish you might like to try.

4. harpua

harpua

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Now, Sicily I haven't been to. I'm curious how their food differs from Northern Italy. I've seen cooking shows, but I forgot. I've mostly expirimented with Tuscan dishes. Bread in soup or salad? Who knew?!

5. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hi Ciao! Welcome to Chef Talk Cafe. I'm a teacher too- until June 15 or so, when I'll be retired. You must have some challenges working with the students you have: schedules, travel, maybe a little bit of big egos?! I teach adolescents but have taught all grade levels in the past. I'll bet you have some interesting stories to tell (no, don't tell us any names- not fair to any students, no matter who they are).

I haven't been to Sicily, but Rome, Florence and Venice were lovely. We ate our way across Italy and want to go back for seconds. A nice board for travel(the atmosphere is just like this one), particularly Italy, is Slow Travel . They have a cooking forum and more than one culinary enthusiast there. In fact, there are a few chefs and many skilled home cooks.

Please make yourself at home at Chef Talk and enjoy everything here. Don't miss the great articles and reviews on the main Chef Talk site.

Regards,
    Mezzaluna

6. ciao

ciao

Yes, I have lots of interesting stories to tell. Many are much better than fiction. Usually in the unbelieable category. Now if I only had the talent to write a book. Actually, my job is fantastic and I feel that I'm truly blessed.

I agree that "Slow Travel" is a great site with many authnetic recipes and ideas. We used many suggestions and tips on our last trip. These people really know food and travel.